Runners from sprinting to marathon running can always learn to correct their technique stride for stride so they can run faster for longer. This infographic below gives a great example of how-to apply the right running form for when you train or race.
How to run correctly?
- Don’t look down, look ahead as this will help your breathing.
- Aim to keep your body in a straight line.
- if your foot lands underneath or behind you, this will help you spring forward.
- Keep your hips even, shoulders relaxed and avoid any unnecessary sideways motion.
- Maintain a stable core.
- Knees should bend naturally by landing on the midfoot when striking the ground.
- Correct foot positioning is essential when landing on the ground. A neutral foot landing is what you want! A doctor or podiatrist can make an assessment weather your foot is over pronating or underpronating.
Thanks to the people of That Foot Shop for compiling the information in this infographic.